SEO Internship (Paid)
Are you a recent computer science graduate, or someone with an understanding of website development hoping get into a career in digital marketing?
Further is an award-winning digital marketing agency that helps brands define and deliver measurable commercial success online. Our main production office is proudly based in Norwich, but we also have locations in London and Oxford.
Further has a strong reputation for effective organic search marketing, and due to continued growth we're looking for a bright, technically-minded person who has the passion to learn SEO, and potentially become our next superstar SEO Executive.
This is a paid, full-time internship position lasting for 8 weeks at National Living Wage, with the potential to be offered a full-time, salaried position at the end of the programme. It will include expert guidance from our team, hands-on application and self-learning time following online resources.
Hours may be part-time or full-time, depending on the availability of the selected candidate.
You will learn:
- How search engine algorithms work to index the web, evaluate web pages and rank search results
- The basics of technical SEO best practice
- How to conduct keyword research and map search queries to website content to discover gaps and opportunities
- How to provide SEO recommendations for engaging on-site content for client's website that are informed by keyword research and will have the ability to rank well in organic search results.
- Passion for “online” and digital marketing, with a clear desire to learn about the industry and follow a career in digital marketing.
- An analytical mind
- An understanding of how to structure written content that engages an audience.
- Excellent written English, and the confidence to create written reports that are clear, understandable, and grammatically correct.
- Highly-organised, with attention to detail and consistent follow-through to deliver what you’ve said you will.
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and strong in Excel.
- Ability to work alone as well as contribute meaningfully to group discussions.
- A basic understanding of how websites work, including a grasp of HTML and CSS.
- Experience in the basics of SEO - including optimising website copy to achieve SEO results.
- Some previous experience in digital marketing, e.g. working on your own projects or promoting yourself online.
- Ability to undertake data-intensive research, and advanced Excel ability (e.g. pivot tables, v-lookup)