Head of Digital PR
Are you an experienced Digital PR specialist with leadership experience, looking to take on a new and exciting challenge?
Further is on the hunt for a Head of Digital PR to lead a new dedicated department within the agency, delivering effective campaigns across our broad range of national and international clients. Reporting directly to the board and being part of the agency's operational management team, you'll have an opportunity to shape and grow an effective team whilst creating and delivering effective digital PR strategies for household brands.
The Digital PR department is responsible for delivering effective digital PR for agency clients, specifically:
- Securing digital coverage for our clients to increase brand awareness, loyalty, and trust
- Acquiring links from authoritative and relevant websites to bolster organic search/SEO performance, working with our Head of SEO on campaign strategy and delivery
- Working closely with our Head of Content Marketing to define and deliver on-site and off-site content that secures valuable coverage
This is a hands-on role, ideal for someone already in a Head of PR / Head of Digital PR or other managerial role looking to broaden their remit and work on some exciting, global brands.
As a new department within the agency, you'll be pivotal in developing and implementing effective processes and building a world-class team. We have a team of three talented Outreach Specialists currently within our Organic Search department who will become your direct reports and become Digital PR Specialists under your mentorship and experienced guidance.
NO RECRUITERS FOR THIS ROLE PLEASE
- To manage and coordinate Further’s team of Digital PR specialists to deliver to campaign objectives and deliver a high standard of work.
- To manage and optimise Digital PR for a broad portfolio of clients across a range of industry sectors, working closely with SEO and Content Marketing teams to ensure activity is aligned with client objectives.
- Recruiting skilled personnel and implementing appropriate training plans to maintain industry-leading skill sets.
- To implement efficient delivery processes and frameworks that focus on commercial outcomes for clients.
- To identify further Digital PR opportunities for existing clients and work with relevant colleagues to present these.
- Generate regular client reports and contribute to campaign review documents with accurate data, clear analysis and recommendations.
- Be involved in new business development by having an input into or preparing proposals wherever required
- To evangelise organic search marketing and Further by speaking at events including client workshops, seminars and industry conferences.
- To champion the quality of Further’s Digital PR activity by communicating key achievements to the company, and by recommending case studies, awards entries and testimonials for successful campaigns
As a member of the agency’s operational management team (OMT), you’ll also take on shared management responsibilities – being directly involved in discussions about how the agency operates from day to day - and management team KPIs, for example, agency-wide revenue targets, client satisfaction ratings and proposal conversion rate.
- Expert-level PR and digital knowledge
- Ability to lead Digital PR strategy for enterprise clients, providing support and clear strategic guidance as to the activity that will most impact client’s campaign performance.
- Proven track record of securing online coverage for clients, with an understanding of the importance of links for SEO performance.
- A “digital native” – someone who’s passionate about the web, uses a wide range of online resources (from ecommerce shopping to social media channels, streaming services, online news and media consumption etc) and who has a broad understanding of the online landscape.
- Proficiency with appropriate tools, including media databases and tools such as PitchBox or Buzzstream.
- Excellent, persuasive verbal and written communication skills.
- Outgoing personality, confident on the phone and speaking to clients.
- Confident in using Microsoft Office applications: Excel to prepare and analyse data; PowerPoint and Word to prepare clear reports and recommendations.
You will be…
- Confident in leading, inspiring and developing your team, with experience managing teams.
- Creative but analytical
- Confident in your ability to deliver effective campaigns, and demonstrating this to clients
- Passionate about the internet and digital marketing
- Able to work individually and collaboratively
- Clear and persuasive in both verbal and written communication
- Comfortable being part of a leadership team making impactful decisions about agency-wide day-to-day operations and client delivery
What you can expect from being apart of Further
- To work with the best and most exciting clients
- To work on global accounts in the most challenging sectors
- To work with the best brains and creative talent in the industry
- To travel as we expand geographically
- To work on innovative and ground-breaking marketing solutions
- To learn and develop with individual training budgets and development plans
- Excellent perks including your birthday off in addition to holiday allowance, pension plan, health cash-back plan and regular office treats
- Flexible working hours - we believe your work should fit around your life
- Regular company events and socials; we love to socialise and host Further Friday once a month (first drink is on us!)